Before, I mention, how 2009 has begun for me, I will list down something about my eventful 2008.
- my sister as well as myself fell for chicken pox, one after the other.
- 4 of my very close relatives, committing suicide.
- one of my cousin sisters getting married
- one of my best friends, escaping a not so fatal accident
- one of my best friends, effected by recession
- one of my best friends, going the family way
- some of my colleagues, including my CEO, going the family way
- INXS tying up with TD Ameritrade, and stamping on our vision for Unified Brokerage Access Channel
- launching our Mobile application for trading with TD Ameritrade.
- one of my cousins getting into PhD Sanskrit, following in the footsteps of my grandpa.
- Amma, succumbing to office politics and resigning, later coming to stay with me.
After all this, I thought, may be this year I will see more good news than bad news. But, I was in for a surprise.
- expanded our device coverage for the trading application.
- in talk with some more big brokers, for expansion of business
- one of my cousin's marriage getting fixed
- one of my cousins, getting a divorce notice (shockingly), after 1.5 years of marriage
It has been a month in 2009, with full of mixed emotions. A prayer for giving courage and peace of mind, for things beyond our control, and a constructive attitude towards things that are is in our control, is what I am looking forward to.
I have been selfish, in mentioning events, only having direct relation to me. Those are things, which I feel, everyone is effected and does not need to be explicit.
Still, positive for the year ahead.